Saturday, January 1, 2011

Finishes

It is always fun to show off what you have done, especially to others who appreciate the time and workmanship.  Often people come to my home and I proudly show them "The Wall."  It is most of the collection of my framed needlework.  Most people stare blankly and politely compliment me, but I can see it in their eyes...they just don't get it.  I have to accept that not all people see it like I do.  It comes down to the fact that I do needlework because I love it and nothing else matters.  I do it for my sheer pleasure and enjoyment and I proudly pat myself on the back as I stand and relish in my accomplishments.  Maybe some of you will enjoy them as well.  I will add design name and designer if I can remember.  (Yes, I do need a better camera.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.)  Will be continuing to add more as I have time.  (Clicking on any image will bring a larger view.)

3/23/11  Thought I would throw in photos of some more of my past finishes.

Prairie Schooler

 Shepherd's Bush
Gloria and Pat


Shepherd's Bush

Drawn Thread 
(I have had this to the framer's twice and they
cut the mat wrong both times so needless to say, it is not framed yet.)

My own design
Memories' Garden Designs

Drawn Thread

My own design
Memories' Garden Designs

?


 



 Sweetheart Tree

Shepherd's Bush

Shepherd's Bush


 Drawn Thread

Drawn Thread

Drawn Thread

Shepherd's Bush

A Secret Garden - Needlework Necessary
by Forget-Me-Knots in Stitches
Finished 1/28/2011

Charlotte's Sampler by The Drawn Thread
Stitched with DMC Medici wool
Finished January 2011!!!
(Only 9 years for this tiny thing, but look what I did in the meantime!)

Love these colors.

Love these colors as well.  I very much like rich reds.

Liked these colors as well.  (Guess I say that a lot.)

Sterling Sampler by The Drawn Thread


by The Drawn Thread


Please don't look at the date.






2 comments:

  1. Oh, Peggy - All your counted cross stitch projects are WONDERFUL!!! Its taking me so much longer to work on cross stitch these days - old eyes!! But a clip on magnifying glass I got at Shepard's Bush is a great help!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to see all your finishes from yesteryear and today. I loved them all :) All my earlier stitches hang on someone else's wall. When I first started I thought I had to stitch for someone :) I've started trying to hold on to more but they don't get done as quickly. Thanks for sharing,
    babs

    ReplyDelete