Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Mom's Samplers

Okay, maybe this is supposed to be about my stitchery, but I HAVE to brag about some of my mother's beautiful handiwork.  She has some amazing pieces hanging on her walls and I have vowed to take some photos so I can brag for her.  (Clicking on any image will bring a close-up view.)

They are:
Mouline Rouge by Long Dog Samplers
Love the colors in this one. 
We chose 32 count Putty linen from Zeigart along
with Slate Green overdyed silk from Gloriana. 
It is absolutely beautiful, and a change from the strong reds, etc.
I have seen in many Quakers. 


Growing Like a Tree from Moira Blackburn


1826 Museum Celle by Permin Graphs
This was done in the called for colors I believe, a navy with red accent colors.

8 comments:

  1. These samplers are just stunning!! Does your mom have blog??? I would love to follow it as I have a total thing for samplers...

    Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Moulin Rouge is just gorgeous in those colors! Heck, everything your mother has done is gorgeous!

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely works!!!Congratulations to your mother. Moulin Rouge is one of my favourites samplers.
    Greetings from Spain,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Mom! I wonder---- do you do organized tours of her walls becuase I'd come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - Dried Thyme! Love it! Just signed up as a follower (don't have a blog of my own). Thank you for the opportunity to win your generous giveaway.

    Mary in MN

    m_kaeding@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she has done some beautiful projects!!!! Well done.
    Joanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mother's samplers are gorgeous. I love the Moira Blackburn piece....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These samplers are beautifully done! Love the designs.

    p.s. thank you for the comment on my Quaker Virtues finish. <3

    ReplyDelete