Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CROSSFIT WORKOUT!

Okay, I know you will all get sick of me and my workout news, but you have to understand that I will be 56 in a few weeks and the last 6 months have been the first time in my life I have consistently worked out.  I can't believe how good I feel, both physically (well, some days not so good because they can sure make your muscles sore), but I feel great about myself and my accomplishments, doing things I never thought I could do.  I have always been pretty weak physically.

At the beginning of the month we do a set workout, and then redo it at the end of the month to see if we have progressed.  This month we had to do 150 med balls tosses, holding a 10-14 pound ball while squatting down low, and then up, throwing the ball to a predetermined height.  The first of the month I thought there was no way I was going to make it.  I literally thought I was going to die on the floor, and I got to the point where I had to do one, rest, do another and rest.  It took me almost 21 minutes to do all of them, and believe me, it wasn't a pretty sight!  Well......yesterday I redid the same workout.  Only this time I was able to do it in 12+ minutes, taking 8 minutes off my time, and the only problem I had was catching my breath.  WOO HOO!!!!!  I just keep yelling, "I am so proud of myself!"  No vanity here I say!  I am sure it was just the delirium.  LOL 

Can't wait for tomorrow's workout!  I think I am addicted!  Who would have ever thought.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's an accomplishment! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done :) my work outs consist of lifting the kettle to make a cuppa and using the needle heheheh ;) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful...I wish I would get up and start an exercise routine...I sure do need one! Keep up the fantastic progress....and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete