Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HEXAGONS!!!!! Finally a quick way to make them!

GREAT USE FOR MY NEW CRICUT MACHINE!

I have looked everywhere for a paper punch that would do hexagons, but to no avail.  When you are making a trillion of them it is too costly to purchase the packets. 

A couple of weeks ago I went and bought me a new Cricut machine!  Why did I buy a Cricut?  I don't know...I just wanted one.  I liked the cute shapes.  I thought I would make file folder games for humanitarian, you know, third world countries.  Apparently they are used for teaching.  Anyway, as I was looking at the cartridges I saw the hexagon and thought, "WOW, this is what I  have been looking for!"  So........I put in my little cartridge and look what came out!  YEAH!!!  At first I put it on shadow and they were a little too large, but once I figured out the machine here is what I got!   Now that I have cut out 2 million of these little things with scissors I found my answer!  Better late than never I say.
 

BEST PAPER FOR HEXAGONS
For those of you who are making Hexagons....I have tried several papers, but the one that seems to work best is the paper made to look like parchment.  It comes in several different colors.  It doesn't matter which color you use.  What is important is that I have found this paper is neither too flimsy or too heavy.  It holds its shape well, but my needle goes through it easily.
Click on photo at right to see more pictures of my quilt in progress (for......ummmm......the last 10 years!).

1 comment:

  1. wooo hoo and easy way to cut them ... that's what's always put me off doing hexagons love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete